- Miami - Its been at least 10 years since "The U" had their football team travel in anything other than a chartered plane. That will change with the announcement that chartered flights will be abandoned in favor of buses for games at South Florida (a less than 5 hour trip) and Central Florida (less than 4 hours) in 2009 - saving $140,000. Further, a 44 point plan was announced which includes numerous other spending adjustments such as the requirement to book air travel 21 days in advance to obtain the best prices available.
- Florida - Freezing football ticket prices for 2009.
- Northern Arizona - Closing their high altitude training facility, elimination of the band at men's and women's basketball games, staff openings to remain vacant.
- Western Washington - The NCAA Division II school eliminated the sport of football in order to preserve the other 15 varsity sports they offer.
- Florida A&M - The athletic department has a $4.2 million deficit, nearly double from the previous year.
Check back regularly for more updates.