Other recent major announcements include:
- George Washington - Athletic Director Jack Kavancz announced the elimination of the men's and women's diving teams.
- Northwestern - Increasing student athletic fee by $4 to $37. Cutting 3% of non-salary operating budget.
- MEAC Conference - Considering adding two conference members and creating two divisions within the conference, which provides an opportunity to reduce expenses by focusing travel within geographically aligned divisions.
- Akron - Pledges and season ticket sales for a new stadium (which is already under construction) are slowing in a soft economy.
- Fresno State - Eliminating printed media guides, saving approximately $75000 and nearly 3 tons of paper each year.
- Tennessee - Moving forward with plans to merge their separate men's and women's athletic departments, one of the few remaining gender-specific athletic programs in the country.