Athletic budget cut update #10
Athletic departments continue to evaluate their budgets as they respond to difficult economic times. Here is the latest in the series of articles from ultimatesportsinsider.com.
- Hawaii - Experiencing declining attendance in all revenue generating sports. Football had $1.2 million less in ticket sales and volleyball saw attendance drop 500 people per match to fewer than 6000 per contest. Graphics about the department's overall revenue and expense budgets are available after the jump.
- Wisconsin Milwaukee - Athletics will be part of a $1.9 million auxiliary revenue transfer to the state to offset budget deficits.
- Duke - Salaries of all university employees making more than $50,000 will be frozen after institutional endowment dropped by more than $1 billion.
- Mississippi State - Increasing student ticket prices for football.
- Agnes Scott - President Elizabeth Kiss at the Division III women's college in Decatur, Georgia announced the varsity cross country and swimming teams will become club sports.
- Iowa - Athletic Director Gary Barta announced the Hawkeyes are holding football season ticket prices steady for 2009. Single game and premium game ticket prices will increase.
- Southern Mississippi - Men's Basketball Coach Larry Eustachy returning a $25,000 signing bonus.
Check back regularly for more updates.