Athletic budget update #16
Creative funding at a number of schools highlights the latest budget news about how athletic departments are dealing with the economic crisis.
- State Universities in Oregon - An arrangement in the state of Oregon benefits all publicly funded athletic programs by dedicating 1% of the state's lottery funds to support athletics.
- Tennessee Tech - Anticipates avoiding major athletic cuts due to economic stimulus funds being channeled to the state's universities.
- Ohio State - Signed a 10-year, $110 million sponsorship and media deal with ING College and RadiOhio.
- Maine - Needs to cut $500,000 from its budget in the next 30 days due to endowment losses, general funds shortfalls and decreased ticket revenue.
- NCAA - Review of an array of programs from across the Division I spectrum with speculation about what economic conditions might mean for different types institutions.